Device Manager does not load into the notification area although the launch.exeprocess shows that it is running in the Task Manager. In some cases this will occur if the launch.exe application is configured to run in XP compatibility mode on a Windows 7 computer.
One possible cause for this problem would be if a network administrator used an XP machine to push out the image to Windows 7 machines. This would likely make the launch.exe application switch to XP compatibility mode since it came from an XP machine.
- Follow the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\eInstruction\Device Manager\.
- Locate the launch.exe file.
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.