The polling test is used to ensure that each response device can communicate with TurningPoint.
Ensure the receiver is properly installed (if using ResponseCards) and the compatible response device to be tested is available.
- If using ResponseCards, plug in the receiver, open TurningPoint and click the channel number below Receiver. If using ResponseWare, open TurningPoint and click the Session ID below ResponseWare.
The Preferences window opens.
- Click Test.
The Polling Test window opens.
There are three columns in the polling test window.
- Device ID - Displays the Device ID of the response device. A count of the devices that have responded are also displayed next to the Device ID column header.
- Source - Displays the serial number of the receiver.
- Response - Displays the response sent from the response device.
- Press a button on the response device.
For ResponseCard users, if the receiver and response device are set to the same channel, the response will appear in the polling test. For ResponseWare users, the ResponseWare Device ID will appear in the polling test.
- Click Close when finished with the polling test.
- Click Close on the Preferences window